Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-20-2005, 04:18 AM   #1
atisz
Newly Registered User

atisz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost

I think the damage to my database is not recoverable, but i'm still hoping.
My computer crashed when I was working on my dtabase and after restart the db is not working anymore If I try to do something, anything (!!!) all I got is an error message: "Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost." But the db is on my computer, I don't use it over the network.
What can I do to make it working again?
Thanx!

Attila

atisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:27 AM   #2
ghudson
Newly Registered User

ghudson has a spectacular aura about ghudson has a spectacular aura about ghudson has a spectacular aura about
Before you do anything, make a copy of it!

Try importing all db objects into a NEW database.

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion...

I am using Access 2010 with Windows 7

The
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
function on this forum really does work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

.................................................. ......
ghudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:43 AM   #3
atisz
Newly Registered User

Thumbs up Huhhhhh!

Oh, God! I was so scared! I tried to export it to a blank database, but it gaved me some errors, i think on the form wich were opened when the crash occured. After exporting, same errors.
Now, following your advice, I exported again, but without selecting those forms wich were opened, and it's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I was so scared, I'm working on this db from 2-3 weeks, I was afraid that I lost everything.
Thank you, thank you, Ghudson, now I can have a happy weekend!
All my respects.

Attila

Old 05-20-2005, 04:50 AM   #4
atisz
Newly Registered User

Oh, noooooooooooo

I was rushed in conclusions! It was working, but after setting the startup form, closing and opened it again, it happened the same. The same error message.
What else could I do?

Thanx
Attila
Old 05-20-2005, 06:14 AM   #5
ghudson
Newly Registered User

ghudson has a spectacular aura about ghudson has a spectacular aura about ghudson has a spectacular aura about
Not sure about the error message you are getting but you can check out this link for a possible solution.

How-to articles - Corrupted or Damaged File

Sample code to import all database objects in Access

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion...

I am using Access 2010 with Windows 7

The
function on this forum really does work.

.................................................. ......

Last edited by ghudson; 05-20-2005 at 06:17 AM.
ghudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:30 AM   #6
FoFa
Newly Registered User

FoFa is on a distinguished road
In the past we have this same problem with certain DB's. What we ended up doing to resolve the issue orginally was move the DB to a different server on a different network segment, and after our network upgrade it became a non-issue. We found with Access (version 2K and less in our case since the upgrade on the network, so can't speak about higher versions) any kind of little network glitch seemed to cause this problem. Things that did not seem to effect any other systems. And of course the network folks said it was the application. We stumbled upon the different network segment by accident, without compacting/fixing the DB. It was like night and day for us.
Now I am not saying this is your problem mind you, you could test this my moving everything local and giving it a good shake down (but on one hand you don';t the usage that way). But I wish to mention it just in case. I am not sure about the specifics behind the error (at least in ouor case) since it has been a few years. But it only happened on Access applications using Access DB's (FE/BE or all in one). VB and Web apps using Access did not seem to be effected with the same issues.
FoFa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #7
seshima

Red face

I have just succeeded in a very frustrating battle with this same problem; in my case it arose from using the import/export feature, moving from one access db to another; found info on another thread here, it is a recognized problem on Access 2k that is solved by doing an upgrade to SP3. see this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304548

worked for me, good luck!

Old 05-23-2005, 12:13 AM   #8
atisz
Newly Registered User

Talking Happy

Thank you, guys!

I have copied my database to another computer, I have created a blanc database on that computer and imported all database object into this new database. Now everything looks normal. I have tested it, and it's working normally.
Thanks again, you are great guys!

Attila
Old 01-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
kodiak385
is using THE INTERNET!!1

kodiak385 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kodiak385
Thumbs up woo! back in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seshima
I have just succeeded in a very frustrating battle with this same problem; in my case it arose from using the import/export feature, moving from one access db to another; found info on another thread here, it is a recognized problem on Access 2k that is solved by doing an upgrade to SP3. see this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304548

worked for me, good luck!
Thank you so much for the tip, seshima. Thanks to you I had sufficient reason for IT to upgrade me from Office 2000 to 2003, hehe... Of course, this caused a whole other set of issues trying to upgrade (is everyone's IT dept like this? lol), but I think we've got most of the kinks worked out and it seems like my new database is functioning just fine now - no more funky errors! Thanks a ton.

kodiak385 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: