Clash in existing data and input in future (1 Viewer)

Ssstacey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:45
Hi everybody,

There is a chance that I might be overlooking a simple way to solve this, so any suggestions I would appreciate.

I'm working on a database and since it's my first database, I did not follow the first design and afterwards put your information in.
This is the situation:

I designed the database in such a way that time series of performance rates should be inserted in their original currency (Let's call this that original-currency table). Ive put some queries in which all performance rates can be converted into the same currency. With this "same-currency"- query" I perform calucations that are send to output. As we already have many times series in Excel files, I have tranfered these at once into Access ( in their original currency).

However, it is the idea that the database be updated monthly. Too late, i heard that the monthly updates of the performance rates will be delivered all in the same currency. This would imply that should I append them to the "original currency-table" ( which is attached to the related product), Access will think they are in their original currency and convert them again ginving me incorrect information.

I thought that maybe I could append them directly to the "same-currency"-query. But im not sure whether u CAN append to a query in the first place. And should this be possible, then I will not have the updates available in the "original-currency-table".

Converting all the data I have now in my database manually I do not consider an option.. :)

I hope it is clear and I hope someone cna help me out with this.
Greetings,
Stacey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom