Access 2010: Turn off autofill feature

reidhaus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:43
One in a long list of the endless things I hate about Microsoft's 2007/2010 "upgrades" is the obnoxious little detail of it finishing words for me as I type, particularly in the 'criteria' section of queries. I don't want or need the suggestions and end up having to hit the backspace delete key in order to re-type what I want

How do I turn off this feature (and to whom at Microsoft can I send a lovely letter informing them of just how I feel about their destruction of what was once an easy-to use software package)? Or is there a website I can to go air my grievances?

One in a long list of the endless things I hate about Microsoft's 2007/2010 "upgrades" is the obnoxious little detail of it finishing words for me as I type, particularly in the 'criteria' section of queries. I don't want or need the suggestions and end up having to hit the backspace delete key in order to re-type what I want

How do I turn off this feature (and to whom at Microsoft can I send a lovely letter informing them of just how I feel about their destruction of what was once an easy-to use software package)?
Some of us actually appreciate this feature :) To answer your question, it's a built-in feature and can't be stopped.

Or is there a website I can to go air my grievances?
The Watercooler section is good for this :) But if you want this to be official then Microsoft Support .com

Thanks - I can totally understand how some people would find that feature useful - but when the text I'm typing isn't one of the options and it defaults to something I don't want, I feel like going amuk in the office with my stapler. I guess I'll spare my coworkers today and go to Microsoft directly to take out my frustrations.

its only one keypress (esc) to get rid of the problem, isn;t it.

intellisense is a pretty good feature, really

Has there been any change to this feature by MS? I have the same issues with autofill buggering up my entry of criteria in the design view. I write or edit access queries every day and this autofill feature is driving me up the wall!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom