Combobox and Update query

exec

Local time
Today, 12:22
Hello, I realize that this question has been asked before, but my situation is a little different, and I'm not sure how to technically enable this. Old Thread.

I basically have a combobox that uses a select query in a form. Further, four other fields are auto-populated from this selection in the combobox.
What I would like to do: be able to edit from a form these auto-populated fields and then update the underlying table. Right now I receive an error message saying that my fields are bounded by the select query results.
Basically, I select a BuildingID in the combobox, and my form is prepopulated with the builder manager contact information; what I would like to do is be able to change that contact info within a form.
I know I need an Update Query somehow, but how do I implement it?

Thank you ahead of time!!!

It sounds like the controls you want to edit are bound to the combo. An Update query isn't the solution because a control bound to the combo cannot be edited.

Use VBA on the AfterUpdate event of the combo to put the values derived from that combo into controls bound to the recordset of the form.

This will allow you to edit the values and they will be saved in the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom