Combobox problem

swee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:56
I have a combobox that has a rowsource based on two fields, ItemCode and ItemDesc, in respective order. The combobox has its Limit to List property set to No and its bound to ItemCode. Filling up the combobox will fill up other fields such as UnitPrice and UOM.

The problem that I face is when users choose an item in the combobox and ItemCode is appearing in the box. I would want the ItemDesc to appear on the box instead of the ItemCode. Not sure if I have explained this well and so I attached a db for you guys to try it out. Any help will be deeply and greatly appreciated! Thanks to all!

Regards,
Swee

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Swee,

You need to set following:

If you want your combo to display item name instead of item code, make column width 0 of your item code. (Combo propterty---Format---Column Widths). As your first field is item code and its column width was not set to 0, the primary field was displaying in combo. Becuase you choosed it to appear while making combo box. And also set Bound Column = 2 in the Data tab of the same property. I attached the file to make it more clear.

Regards,

Ashfaque

Attachments

Thanks for your reply but one problem though, Im using Access97 and I cant open your db. Could you convert it for me?

Hi
Sorry for the delay.

Here it is.

Regards,
Ashfaque

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom