DLookup problem in Report View (Office Security Update possible cause)

Scocka

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:14
I had been using a report which contained a simple DLookup function that worked perfectly up until yesterday when I noticed it wasn't displaying any values in Report View. Switching to Print View the DLookup worked fine, but whenever in Report View it failed to show a value except when I clicked on the field where the value should be and then it would suddenly appear.

After searching the net I learned of something similar where a user uninstalled Office and then reinstalled and the problem disappeared.

At first I suspected my database may have been corrupted. So I constructed a new database, with a few simple tables and a report with a DLookup function in it, and again the same problem occurred.

After a bit more digging I learnt that a security update was applied to Microsoft Access in mid December 2013, but I cant say for sure if that is when the problem started.

I tried to uninstall the security update, but ended up uninstalling Office altogether and then reinstalling, and it was then that the problem was corrected. I have since turned off the Office Updates to try and prevent this from happening again (see Account section in Access).

Having said all this, rather than having to uninstall and reinstall Access, what settings would I be looking for to manually change in order to correct the above problem ?

Should also mention that I am using Office 2013 on Windows 8.

Hi Scocka...

I'm having similar woes...I had a perfectly functional DB running under 2010, but then had to upgrade to 2013 - and now #intermittently# the data in my dlookup fields disappear!! I have to re-boot to cure the error - but that only lasts for a couple of days and then the problem re-appears.....:banghead:

Which Security Update did you try and remove...any pointers would be appreciated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom