Get looked up values into reports quickly

RECrerar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:16
Hi,

I have my database structured such that I have a a main table in which several fields get their values from a table called tblCodeValues. That is the main table just contains the code ID and the text descriptions of that ID are all contained in a seperate table.

Several fields in each record in tblMainData are linked to tblCodeValues.

I'm probably being a bit of a muppet but I can't figure out an efficiant way to get my report to display the text descriptions rather than the ID numbers.

I am currently using dlookup in all the text boxes on the report, but this is very slow and isn't using the fact the tables are related. I've tried changing the text boxes to combo boxes but I can't get them to display the name rather than the ID.

Is there a faster alternative to dlookup?

join the lookup table in the query, and get the descriptions IN the query

Hey Gemma,

Sorry for the late reply, your responce made me realise that I was being a muppet. I was stuck because I had one instance of the lookup table joined to multiple fields ni the query and I couldn't figure out how to get the right values (hence the look-ups). I've now since changed this to having as many instances as I need and it is all working fine. Thanks, I was having a dence moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom