Help to create Database.

Dango

Local time
Today, 13:41
In my work we try to digitize the papers we have. These papers begin with a patient "file" that only has names, payments, and dates attended. We want to start there since it is the simplest but the one that takes up the most space (there are more than 800 patients).

We want to create a database that edits, creates, saves, deletes these tokens and can be stored in a cloud.

I really appreciate your help, I'm not asking you to make me the program from scratch but if you can send me a tutorial or template that can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 96523-3611741f2bf19626c315577077596265-640-0.jpg
    96523-3611741f2bf19626c315577077596265-640-0.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 51
We want to create a database that edits, creates, saves, deletes these tokens and can be stored in a cloud.

MS Access is not a good choice if you want to work online.

MS Access is not a good choice if you want to work online.
Sorry, it's only remote but I will save the file and data to a cloud from time to time to have a backup.

In my work we try to digitize the papers we have. These papers begin with a patient "file" that only has names, payments, and dates attended. We want to start there since it is the simplest but the one that takes up the most space (there are more than 800 patients).

I really appreciate your help, I'm not asking you to make me the program from scratch but if you can send me a tutorial or template that can help me.

Thanks in advance.
I would have though most of the Access templates would do what you want. Look and see which mirrors your work flow.
Also Google for other templates, written by non MS people.

most of the Access templates would do what you want.
And if you're application is geared to wards invoicing, take a look at the recently updated northwind sample database which has been updated by multiple access MVPs...

Sorry, it's only remote but I will save the file and data to a cloud from time to time to have a backup.
This is still confusing. If the database needs to be shared, you CANNOT use ANY type of Cloud drive to share the database. PERIOD. Back up has nothing whatsoever with the type of file you are working with and so is a red herring in this conversation.

To share an Access database, you need to use a LAN. Alternatives are using Citrix or RD to host your Access application.

Otherwise, what you are asking is not complex. I have an application I can post that will give you some ideas. It is a membership application for a group I belonged to. It manages people. It logs attendance at meetings, It has a feature that let the club offer not for resale items for a small price. So if you can cope with a sample that seems to be completely different, this might help you.

Attachments

As long as you are careful to not include the "live" file in cloud coverage, that is an OK backup strategy. The mere fact of having planned a periodic backup is a lot more strategy than we usually see.

However, for the "live" database, Pat's advice is correct. She has lots of experience with various applications that include remote access (via Citrix or RDP). The reason Pat and I both are warning you about "cloud storage" is that the protocols usually employed by cloud systems are not operationally compatible with Access normal usage protocols. The interaction of those incompatible protocols can lead to database corruption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom