How to create a Histogram in Access

rhesus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:53
Any ideas? There has got to be an easy way...

In swedish, we use the term histogram to denote a typ of graph. Is that what you mean?

If so, you can use the wizard to create one.

Fuga.

Yes, it is a type of graph. The wizard will let you create a column/bar chart, which is what the histogram plot uses. The problem I'm having is generating the second set of data, which is basically the frequency of your results, to plot vs. the actual results. If you have any ideas about this, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hur ar det i Svergie, kalt?

Ok I think I know what you mean.

you want maybe a line showing values, and in the same graph have staples showing the frequency of the values, right?

If you promise not to laugh, I´ll tell you what I did. (there´s probably a much better way to do this, but I couldn´t find it.)

I use two graphs on top of each other, the bottom one being a copy of the other, but with different field selected and a different display of data. The top one is set to see through.

I´m sure you´ve thought about this solution, and it´s not a very pretty one, but it works ok for me.

Fuga.

Ja, det är mycket kallt i Sverige.

You could use a crostab query to generate the frequency (amount) of data between set range.
If you used COUNT in the columns, and set your headers it should work.
The data will be in a table that has columns for whatever frequency / range you use and the single line of data will be a count of those ranges.
This can then be graphed as a column graph and will be the same as a Histogram, with the correct axis headers

After reading this post, I did some checking in excel. There are a lot more graph options in Excel. I use A97. Are there more options in A2k?

Or is there a control that I don´t know about?

Fuga.

Thanks for your replies guys, it has given me a lot to work with. I saw all the graphing options in Excel, and it kind of stumped me as to why they didn't have something similar in Access. I use A97 also but I believe 2000 is pretty much the same... I could be wrong though :)

Sigh... the only problem with this is that the range varies, which makes my problem seem so much more complicated... I have to figure out a way to divide up the data into several sections and then find the frequency for each section. Ideas?

Jbozward said:
You could use a crostab query to generate the frequency (amount) of data between set range.
If you used COUNT in the columns, and set your headers it should work.
The data will be in a table that has columns for whatever frequency / range you use and the single line of data will be a count of those ranges.
This can then be graphed as a column graph and will be the same as a Histogram, with the correct axis headers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom