I cannot see my VBA code

junyor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:31
People,

I have a huge problem!!!

Suddenly I cannot see my VBA code anymore... I'm clicking on Build button and choosing "Code builder", but nothing happens... the vba code doesn't appear... I think I've lost all my code...

Has it happened with everyone before????

Tks!!

Did you put your code in a form module or did you create custom code modules? Does the code editor come up?

Ken,

I didn't created any module, I tried in other machine but the problem is in the file... I don't know what heppened... I was just put a condition in a text box, error occured and I had to close the form, after opening it, I couldn't see the code anymore... very strange...

Rgds,

You said you could not see your VBA code. Code generally code goes in a module using the VBA editor. What do you mean when you say you put a condition in a text box?

Why not just try to answer their question instead of pointing everybody to your website?

And why not just delete yor post, you delete mine whenever you want to?

Ken,

What I meant is that I was put a condition in a text box "if txt... = "" then..." and then after closing the form and open it again I couldn't see the code anymore. I was not using a module, I created subs in the form.

Bob,

As I said, I was not using module, I tried also to repair the database but... nothing...

Thanks.

junyor, I hate to bail on you, looks like bob has it under control... :)

junyor, I hate to bail on you, looks like bob has it under control... :)

No problem, I have an old backup, I think I've lost just 1 workday... Now I'll create backups every 5 minutes....rsrsrs

Tks!

Simple Software Solutions

When you say you lost your code. I did asume you meant the code behind the control events. Did you not try to create some new code on a new control or edit the existing code on an existing control?

From what is sounds like to me is that you have lost the connection somehow.

A solution is to create a new module then click the find button and enter the name of a known control on a known form that you know has some code attached to it.

It should point you in the right direction.

CodeMaster::cool:

Why not just try to answer their question instead of pointing everybody to your website?
In case it escaped your notice, when I do that it is directly to SCREENSHOTS which make it easier to explain since they can see what I would be trying to take several sentences, or paragraphs, to try to explain. That's why I created the website in the first place - to make it easier to answer many frequently asked questions and in a more visual way.

As I said, I was not using module,
If you are using VBA CODE (which is what you initially said) then you ARE using a module (albeit a FORM module) and if you looked closely at the screenshots I provided, you would realize I was talking about FORM modules and not regular modules. It just uses a method of opening up a new module or an existing one to get at the FORM module code.

Hi DCrake,

When I create a new module, there is no code in there...I cannot see my form/code. If I open my form and select "Code" from menu view or "Build" button, nothing happens... the VBA screen isn't opened...

It never happened before!! I think there is an error with my database...
I'm already working on my old backup...

Thanks a lot!

In case it escaped your notice, when I do that it is directly to SCREENSHOTS which make it easier to explain since they can see what I would be trying to take several sentences, or paragraphs, to try to explain. That's why I created the website in the first place - to make it easier to answer many frequently asked questions and in a more visual way.

Yeah, I took a peek a while back. Nice work. Really didn't have time to scrutinize the content for accuracy, although I am aware of some of the authors work - :p

Hi bob,

I've checked and there is no form module in my DB. The office version is 2000

Rgds

If you don't have any form modules and you don't have any standard modules then how were you entering VBA code and where?

If you are using VBA CODE (which is what you initially said) then you ARE using a module (albeit a FORM module) ...

I'm pretty sure you can have 'vba code' in an app and it NOT be in a module. :)

I'm pretty sure you can have 'vba code' in an app and it NOT be in a module. :)

And how would that be Ken? Other than using some built in functions within a property, you would still have to use a form module, a standard module, or a class module to use VBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom