Make copy with ADO

Esean

Local time
Today, 04:01
Please how to make copy of a access database table with ADO... please any help

Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Have to ask why you want to use ADO since it implies there is something you are not telling us like where the source table is and where the new table is

Away from my computer at the moment but pretty sure the syntax would be the same as DAO. Just the connection will be different

I agree with CJ - sounds like there's more to the story than what was written.
See Allen Browne ADO and DAO

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Maybe there is some idea's you can use from this link: How can I copy a whole table from one database to another?

Please how to make copy of a access database table with ADO... please any help

Assuming the source table is inside the current database and the destination is a an existing database on the network, then:

Code:
DoCmd.CopyObject "FullPathToDestinationDatabase", "NewName", acTable, "SourceTable"

Attachments

Have moved thread from introduction forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom