My story

Hackcess2007

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:25
Hi all,
With a great deal of learning, and much of the knowledge coming from here, we have created a equipment tracking database [Check In, Check Out] sort of thing. many tables and many many more queries and forms.
I put the back end on our server and the front on a few scanning station computers with wireless barcode scanners. This is working good real good.
We track about 2300 pieces of equipment weekly in and out of our shop by employee, date, barcode number. BUT....
when the equipment leaves the building it embarks on a journey into many jobs and different vehicles leaving the crew chiefs to track them on paper work on Ipads move into Dropbox and google drive.
So now wanting to pull of the next big thing.... We can track the whole cycle from scan out from the shop to scan back in and everything in between. The crew chiefs all have the little blue tooth scanners with their ipads. I thought at first to make a scan-able form in google docs and somehow get the data to migrate into the database via automatic emails or such. sounds a bit science fictionish. That is when is started reading up. Mostly clouding what to do. I don't want to give up and hire someone to do it. I have learned a whole new world of stuff because i stayed with it. but a step or two it the right direction would be so awesome.
thanks very much!

Hi Uncle!
Thank you for the tip. Is looks as though they specialize in exactly what we are trying to achieve. What would the title be or the name of what they do"cloud services provider. mobile gag-it database communicator receivers. Joking aside with 20 Ipads in the field it may be rather costly for the perfect fit. I hda some though to even just have them can into a spreadsheet and I'll import to my table nightly. Do you think that could be achieved with Google Docs Sheets?
I need to do some serious reading and some much fun to read when you have ADD. You read every sentence twice and every paragraph twice. So when your finished reading it you can say "What the heck was that all about. :)
Thanks again Uncle!

Yes, I think Google Sheets is promising. A chap by the name of Bruce McPherson has some interesting code and ideas for linking Google Sheets Code {GAS} and Excel VBA. It occurred to me to study what he's done and see it I could make it work with MS Access. But I haven't the time at the moment.

See Excel Liberation Here:-

http://ramblings.mcpher.com

BTW be careful with Google GAS examples, and some of Bruce's examples, Google Apps Scripts are evolving so fast the examples and techniques quickly get out of date.

Got it. Thank you

I have a text bx question but it may better suited in the forum event macros.

Uncle Gizmo
I am doing a eval on the Cellica Anywhere. Making a form for data entry.
It does look promising but with 20 ipads in the field a bit deep in the pocket.
I was wondering though if anyone has feedback from Microsoft AppOnFly that works with Access 2016. I saw a couple of things saying not so great things about the 2016 itself. No real improvements. :o:o

Hi Hackcess2007 thank you for your feedback so far, I, and I'm sure others would appreciate your feedback and any other information you gain as you progress with "Your Story" with Cellica Anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom