Programming Access

mls68

Local time
Today, 18:25
I've spent the last several months creating a detailed database. I'm very please with the work and all, but I would like for it to look like a regular software program. I don't want to pull it up in Access and it show you all the functions of Access. Would anyone know how to do this? I would like for it to install like a regular execution program and all.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Michelle

To do this you'll need the Office Developer Environment (ODE). The main components of the ODE are the Access Runtime version (distributable) and the Setup Wizard (to create your distribution package).

To get a 'preview' of your application's look and feel under runtime, you can start Access with the /runtime parameter (I usually keep a shortcut to each app under development with the /runtime parameter for convenience). You don't need the ODE to do this 'preview', just regular old retail Access.

You might want to check out Microsoft's Office Developer site for more info on the ODE to decide if you want to make the investment.

If using ODETools 97 stable installations
will be better achieved loading file images
on to CD.
Choose 'Ignore' during setup for shared files,or files that can't be read

There are also programs available (at a price) that will convert Access DBs to VB code so that you can then treat you application as a VB project; I don't have additional info; i mention it so that you are aware of possibilities.

Llyal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom