Tool Bar

junyor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:29
Morning,

I've removed some options (Design view-form design...) from the menu but it doesn't work in other machines, the other people can access the estruture mode and change my form.

What can I do?

Thanks.

How many people are using this?

What are they using it for?

How many people are using this?

What are they using it for?

Twoplustwo,

There are many people accessing this file 60/70, the problem is that I don't want they change anything in the file, they cannot access the tables, forms, query... so I remove the menu "view", "tools"... but when they open the file in their machine they can see these menu there and access the Design view. I'd like that when they open the access file they will not be able to see these menus that I have removed from my machine. I know it is possible but I don't remember how to do this...

Rgds,

Instead of trying to remove things from your tool bar, create a custom tool bar and then assign that to your forms.

Instead of trying to remove things from your tool bar, create a custom tool bar and then assign that to your forms.

Hi Bob,

I can do that, but this is not the problem... the problem is that I don't want anybody to see the design view. I can create a tool bar and remove some menus but it will not interact in any other machine.

You can do a test, try to remove some menus or hide them in your computer, and then try to open the same file in other machine... you'll see them there...

Rgds,

Sorry, but you aren't doing it right then. Custom toolbars carry over to the other computers. In the startup options you uncheck allow default menus and allow default toolbars.

Sorry, but you aren't doing it right then. Custom toolbars carry over to the other computers. In the startup options you uncheck allow default menus and allow default toolbars.

YES!!!!!!!
That is the solution!!! I was not changing anything from the startup menu, now it is working!!! Thanks!!!!

Rgds,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom