Updating reports from a list box automatically...?

Luke_Murphy

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:34
Hi all

I have a report which produces results depending on what you select from a drop down list menu (a pop-up form appears for you to choose). When you've made the selection and then run the report if you choose another option from the drop down menu the report does not refresh, you have to close it and run the report again - is there a way to refresh it automatically?

Also, the header on the report runs from the selection in the drop down menu, but if you close the pop-up form with the menu then go on to look at further pages in the report the headers do not work for the pages you didn't view before shutting the form down - any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Luke

Re Refreshing Report
Reports are intended to be static snapshots - once generated, they are not updateable.
As to whether you can cause a new report to be generated and "replace" the current report... I'm sure some clever coder on this forum can provide the gory details for you.

Re Headers Not Updating
I *think* Access generates the report preview pages as needed (i.e. viewed). Thus, if any of the controls on your report require info from an open form, the info displayed by these controls would cease to be "reportable" once that form is closed.
You could try setting a variable in the report module to the value on the form, then use that variable to populate the appropriate controls on the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom