This will oust the corruption of transgender (2 Viewers)

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Today, 03:37
The new social worker that was assigned to help with my special needs daughter asked what my daughter's preferred pronoun was. She and another social worker (who knows me quite well and was bracing herself with my response). Which was 'your majesty '. Yes, she wrote it down and they both laughed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:37
I now identify as a Genius.

My pronouns are Superior, crazy and deluded.....

Many people now work in industries where they are being forced to do the whole Pronouns thing. If you mentally object to the concept being pushed, you could get fired. Persecution was always coming, but only a few saw the method by which it would come early on.

I suppose if I was actually forced on the issue, I would probably compromise. I wouldn't totally refuse as then there would be the question of feeding my family, (ya know... Tolerance & all!), But I would probably simply put he/him/hers as a mostly subtle way of keeping a little oxygen in la résistance

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:37
Persecution was always coming, but only a few saw the method by which it would come early on.
Thank you for the link Isaac it has been the most helpful.

I have a sister who is very religious. I told her about the automatically written book titled "a course in miracles" and suggested it might be something she would like to read.

She got back to me and said that she had mentioned the book to her curate who said he had investigated and decided it wasn't biblical and for that reason advised her to ignore it.

For some reason whilst I was reading the link you posted, it dawned on me that I was reading a manifesto of an ideology.

I realised that my sister hadn't done any thinking on her own she had gone to her curate and her curate has done the thinking for her. This is the hallmark of an ideologically driven group.

And then that link you provided, I had a similar feeling about what I was reading it was ideological.

I mention this because although I believe in God I always had a problem with the hierarchical structure of the vicars priests and the like.

It is an ideology that prevents normal people from having their own ideas and investigations into situations.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I always had a problem with the hierarchical structure of the vicars priests and the like.
I agree,
I don't believe such a rigid chain-like structural command was what Jesus and the earliest disciples had in mind.

Having admitted that, I do believe God has provided some wisdom and revelation to His church (body of global believers) throughout the years. Probably 90% gone unheeded, but Luther was listening IMO.

I'm unsure how common this information is or not, so apologies if you already know this, but Protestants, broadly speaking, fully support the individual themselves praying, reading, listening to God, and interpreting many biblical details for themselves, although of course most pastors will say there is a certain % of it that ought be accepted and move on, but just a percentage.

I have gone to such non-rigid churches my whole life. While visiting Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists and such, too.

Glad you read it. And thanks for the comment.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Notice how Freudian theories, forcefully rejected by a steadily increasing minority/majority over the past few decades, is starting to make a comeback?
But of course! It's necessary; many current theories practically depend on it.

In 1967, when public belief of Freud’s theories was at a height, the novel author Vladimir Nabokov told an interviewer this:

Let the credulous and the vulgar continue to believe that all mental woes can be cured by a daily application of old Greek myths to their private parts. I really do not care.

If my instant generation were the last on earth, I might not care either. Unfortunately, I have to think of posterity, not just myself.

Deception is the ultimate form of hate. Love masquerading as an encouragement, triggering, validation, or suggestive approval of delusions is the most awful thing you can do to someone suffering from them.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thank you for the link Isaac it has been the most helpful.

I have a sister who is very religious. I told her about the automatically written book titled "a course in miracles" and suggested it might be something she would like to read.

She got back to me and said that she had mentioned the book to her curate who said he had investigated and decided it wasn't biblical and for that reason advised her to ignore it.

For some reason whilst I was reading the link you posted, it dawned on me that I was reading a manifesto of an ideology.

I realised that my sister hadn't done any thinking on her own she had gone to her curate and her curate has done the thinking for her. This is the hallmark of an ideologically driven group.

And then that link you provided, I had a similar feeling about what I was reading it was ideological.

I mention this because although I believe in God I always had a problem with the hierarchical structure of the vicars priests and the like.

It is an ideology that prevents normal people from having their own ideas and investigations into situations.

To a large degree, formal Catholicism was terrible about this authoritarian approach. Their viewpoint has long been that Man cannot commune with God unless a member of the church hierarchy is there to guide them. (The heresy of Pelagianism was in direct opposition to the need for the church hierarchy.) Whereas in Judaism, you only need 10 people to form a congregation (i.e. minyam) to speak to God, and while it would nice to have a rabbi in the minyam, you just need someone to lead prayers.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:37
Which was 'your majesty '.
NO FAIR!!!!! That's MY pronoun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Their viewpoint has long been that Man cannot commune with God unless a member of the church hierarchy is there to guide them
My "separation" from the church started long before I made my confirmation. I was always a voracious reader and was reading adult novels (curated to reduce sex and violence by my 5th grade teacher although this was much less of a problem in the 50's) and I was always disturbed at being discouraged from reading the bible, especially the Old Testament. They insisted I stick to the prescribed curriculum.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I agree with your first sentence, although even the second sentence goes too far, as catechism does teach one's ability to pray individually, and then some.

Yes, Roman Catholicism definitely entrenched a never-ending set of rituals that was never called for, which although defensible by those who see them as simply guides or symbolic of heart-action, yet, human nature struggles to avoid turning a Memorial into an Idol.

Anyway, there are definitely Catholics out there who have a personal relationship with Christ, but I'm glad the Reformation happened!

IMO it wasn't really a reformation, as much as a "returning"

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I agree with your first sentence, although even the second sentence goes too far, as catechism does teach one's ability to pray individually, and then some.

Yes, Roman Catholicism definitely entrenched a never-ending set of rituals that was never called for, which although defensible by those who see them as simply guides or symbolic of heart-action, yet, human nature struggles to avoid turning a Memorial into an Idol.

Anyway, there are definitely Catholics out there who have a personal relationship with Christ, but I'm glad the Reformation happened!

IMO it wasn't really a reformation, as much as a "returning"

If you look up the heresies, you would find that in general I was correct. At the time, the church was EXTREMELY authoritarian. Whether Catholicism has mellowed since the time of the European heresies is a different question about which I offer no opinion. However, some of the Protestant religions did something that might indeed have led to that more individualized thinking. Many groups accepted some or all of the Apocrypha as valid scripture. The ones that did were exposed to the book of Esdras, one of the prophets, who dreamed of going to Heaven.

It is no surprise that Catholicism dropped Esdras like a hot horseshoe, because the theme of his first three chapters was the description of his dreams. In them, he went to Heaven to face God. When there, he learned that he would face God one-on-one, with no one to speak for him. He was to be judged by and for himself, totally disregarding any intercessory prayers - because they were meaningless. NO ONE can pray for you but you. No such thing as character references (because of course God can see right through you to know what kind of person you are, and any lesser viewpoint limits the power of God.)

You mentioned Catholics who have a personal relationship with Christ. This view is consistent with the common view that each person must INDIVIDUALLY make peace with God, must INDIVIDUALLY choose Jesus as savior, etc. Esdras states more than once that praying on behalf of someone else is useless. Considering that Catholicism and some Evangelical denominations often say, "Contribute to the church and we will PRAY for you", this pretty much would be negated by Esdras. Thus, small wonder that they don't follow the Apocrypha.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
This is a very good point. If a man does not want to have sex with a transitioning person, then he's not transphobic, it's that he's not homosexual..

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'll remember this, next time I'm changing a light bulb!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Uncle G, your clip reminds me of the question about how many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb? Only one - but it has to want to be changed.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
how many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
To keep this thread on topic, I wondered: how many trans people would it take to change a light bulb?

"Hannah, the bulb's gone. Would you mind changing it for me, please?"

"No, sorry, that's a job for a man."

"Oh, but I thought you were a man?"

"Look, I've told you before, I am a woman! I identify as a woman, so be polite and refer to me as a woman."

"But you are a lot taller than me. You'd be able to reach the light fitting easily. I'd have to stand on a chair."

"Look, I told you, that's a job for a man, not me. I'm not a man, I'm a woman. If you keep on implying that I'm a man, I'm going to punch your bloody head in!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom