Solved Using ANSI 92 SQL Syntax (1 Viewer)

DickyP

Local time
Today, 23:41
Is it possible to set the 'SQL Server Compatible Syntax (ANSI 92)' option in VBA?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Are you sure you want to do this?

DickyP

Local time
No I don't want to do this, but have to for one specific purpose only! To load a table from a CREATE TABLE sql which has a Decimal data type I have to!

My usage is:

setOption "ANSI Query Mode", 1

DoCmd.RunSQL "CREATE TABLE ... etc"

setOption "ANSI Query Mode", 0

It works.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Good to see that you are reverting back immediately. Years ago I changed it and forgot to swop back. Lots of issues that I couldn’t pin down as I couldn’t remember what I’d changed

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 15:41
One of the recent bugs in Access, which was recently fixed, was paralleled, it turns out, when ANSI 92 was turned on. Tracking that down was, like Colin said, not easy. I'm surprised that there is actually a use case for it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I think you are referring to reserved error -1001 which I had reported and was fixed in version 2311

There may be other such examples

As for use cases, perhaps it was useful back in the far distant days of Access Data Projects (ADP) which allowed direct connection to SQL Server but were deprecated in A2007

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 15:41
I think you are referring to reserved error -1001 which I had reported and was fixed in version 2311

There may be other such examples

As for use cases, perhaps it was useful back in the far distant days of Access Data Projects (ADP) which allowed direct connection to SQL Server but were deprecated in A2007
Thanks, Colin, that may have been the one I was thinking of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom