Local time
Today, 04:15
1714139853655.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:15
CJ... In New Orleans, your "home improvement" exhibit isn't that unusual a sight... including the tassels.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, come ON... you don't get Benny Hill's slapstick/raunchy style of humor?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
He was shown on cable but I don't recall him being on the broadcast channels in New Orleans.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:15
We watched him back in the day,

I was interested to know because I watched this YouTube video where Robert Llewellyn talks to Sandy Monroe.

Robert Llewellyn played Kryten in red dwarf, an iconic British sci-fi comedy series.

In his interview with Sandy, Robert mentioned that although red dwarf was released in several places in the USA it wasn't widely known. So I assumed the same might apply to Benny Hill ..

Robert Llewellyn also founded a YouTube channel called "fully charged", YouTubes and Events across the world about electric vehicles.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:15
Not familiar with Red Dwarf. The clip did mention PBS. Pretty sure that is where we picked up on Benny Hill. PBS was carrying some British humor like Keeping Up Appearances and others.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:15
Not familiar with Red Dwarf.

I posted this Clip where Kryten (An Android) was converted into a human being by alien technology. He got sexually excited when looking through a domestic appliance catalogue. Although he was a service robot made to perform menial duties, cleaning and tidying laundry etc, he was OCD about it! (That's why he got excited looking through the catalogue).. The double Polaroid refers to the necessity to take two pictures of his excitement! There's also a funny bit in the clip where he is looking for somewhere to insert the charging cable in his human body....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Kind of had no choice as my flip-phone died a couple of years ago when the 3G network in my area finally went off-line.. @Isaac, how old was the post where you found that quote?

I now have a Samsung A71 smart phone (5-G capable) which I use sparingly. My "weekly usage report" (it's an Android) says "less than 8 minutes" most of the time. Wife and I text occasionally. When waiting at the doctor's office, I browse the forum ghost-style via Chrome. Hardly anything else. I absolutely do NOT do any banking or other financial stuff over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom