How to unlock a locked record in Access using MS SQL linked table (1 Viewer)

richardashelton

Local time
Today, 08:28
I am having record lock issues with my Access database. I am using Access as the 'user interface' with linked MS SQL tables but am finding that I am getting persistent locks on records. The Default Record Locks in Access is set to "None" and the form Record Locks is set to "No Locks" but the issue remains. Any ideas about what could be the issue, how to keep it from continuing, and how to clear the locks on the records?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:28
How are you connecting to the SQL database ? DSN ?
There are options in the connection setting that would over-ride the access settings.

SQL is normally better than an access BE at avoiding this type of issues.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:28
When your BE is Jet/ACE, Access locks the record as soon as you start to edit it so if someone starts editing a record and walks away, the record stays locked until he returns and saves the edit or cancels it. With an ODBC BE, the lock doesn't happen until Access attempts to save the record so there is something else at play here. What are your server locks set to? Are you running update queries in the background? Are your forms bound to queries that join multiple tables? Maybe there is a cache issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom