Question How do I open access in runtime without security warnings? (1 Viewer)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:27
You cannot edit the trust center settings when using Access run time, so this doesnt work. does anyone else know what im doing wrong?

i just do not see how you can achieve this, if you only have run time. If you have a FULL version of Access, and just want to simulate a run-time environment, then that's different - but if code in a database can run stuff undetected, it would surely undermine everything that MS was trying to do. So I just do not think that you can avoid the messages from a wholly runtime version of access.

EternalMyrtle

I'm still alive
Local time
Yesterday, 18:27
You edit the settings in the full version and then make the runtime version by changing the file extension

EternalMyrtle

I'm still alive
Local time
I did not realize that you only have runtime available to you. I agree with Dave that you can't do this only in Runtime. Maybe it is possible but ultimately if you are making any changes at all to the front end you need the full version of access.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if your users are using access 2013, then it looks to me like you are changing the wrong registry settings.

Access 2013 is v15 - v12 is Access 2007

Or look at the link in Spikes post which you seem to have missed

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 03:27
OMG ... I had a look again at my own link and there they already have code for Office 2016 I must be soooooooooo behind, just recently having switched to 2010! :D

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:27
It was a big step backwards when Microsoft deprecated the ability to Digitally Sign the code in Access 2007.

With a digital signature, the database can be run from anywhere without any risk. Group Policies can be used to distribute the signature and the user never sees a warning. You can also prevent the user choosing to run unsigned code.

It is the main reason I still distribute mde files instead of accde even though I design in A2010. And the fact that there is nothing added in the new format of any real consequence.

dmyoungsal

Registered User.
Local time
I am using the following command line to open access and run a query (via Autoexec). Everything is working really well, except for the fact that I get prompted with a Security question regarding the Macro.

What switch can I add that will make this question disappear. The reason is that this query will run unattended throughout the day.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\msaccess.exe" /runtime "\\parsbs2011\pardb\PAR RFID DB.accdb"

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:27
Add the database location to Trusted Locations. Or make it a Trusted Document.

This is done in the Trust Centre under Access Options.

marc11h

Local time
I wanted to suggest that all of the solutions here are incorrect. I believe what happened is that the installation of Access runtime on a PC with Office already installed has changed the registry entries.

My fix was simply to run the Office 2016 repair tool in the control panel.

Now all Access file types open without a hitch.

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Guys,

i have only Access Runtime in my network computer and i want to turn off warning about security during autoexec macro running from task scheduler.

I have tried to implement created by me reg file:

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Security]
"VBAWarnings"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location0]
"Path"="%userprofile%\\my documents\\"
"Description"="my docs"
"Date"="14/03/2011 5:39 p.m."
"AllowSubFolders"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location2]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\ACCWIZ\\"
"Description"="Access default location: Wizard Databases"

but this is not working..i think this is caused by wrong file name.
My acces runtime is here:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14"

how can i implement this code ?

Best wishes,
Jacek

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
might have something to do with

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Security]

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14"

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Okey thank you CJ London,

In regedit i have line in the picture:

https://ibb.co/exMUKk

so i have only "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ACCWIZ" for the location2 and i do not have Location0...

I have tried to do it manually in regedit like this:

https://ibb.co/m1bwzk

but error is still occuring...

Best Wishes,
Jacek Antek

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
it is not my area of expertise, but the LocationX is just a name, you can call it what you like. Since Location2 is already created, trying to add it again will create an error

Also not sure that this will work

"Path"="%userprofile%\\my documents\"

Think you need to specify the path in full

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Ok thank you,

I have changed Location2 to Location3.

I have also changed path to C:\Users\ljar01\Desktop and still i got the error :(

https://ibb.co/cFYF9k

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
out of ideas I'm afraid - perhaps if you said what the error is, it might give a clue to the problem

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
sorry, didn't realise. The message seems clear enough. Unfortunately I don't have a solution.

Suggest you google 'how to modify registry' or similar, I'm sure that someone will have done this before

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi

In case its of any use to you, I've exported the registry entries for trusted locations with Access 14.0 on my PC.

If you look at this list, it shows a list of all folders where any databases are trusted.
What you will also notice is there is no entry for the location of the Access runtime itself.
That's not relevant here - AFAIK that's true even if using the runtime version

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location0]
"Path"="D:\\Colin\\My Documents"
"AllowSubfolders"=dword:00000001
"Description"="My Documents"
"Date"="29/06/2017 17:50"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location1]
"Path"="G:\\MyFiles"
"Description"="My Files"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location10]
"Path"="C:\\Programs\\MendipDataSystems"
"Description"="Mendip Data Systems"
"Date"="08/12/2015 19:51"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location2]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office14\\ACCWIZ"
"Description"="Access default location: Wizard Databases"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location3]
"Path"="G:\\MyFiles\\CEO"
"Description"="CEO"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location4]
"Path"="G:\\MyFiles\\SchoolDataAnalyser"
"Description"="SDA / SDA Link"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location5]
"Path"="G:\\MyFiles\\SPS"
"Description"="SPS"

I've attached this as a registry file (.reg) - zipped so I could upload it here.
Open it in Notepad to edit it for your own purposes

Some comments on the above:
1. Add an entry for each trusted folder. The location number doesn't matter as long as its unique
2. Modify the path as required for your setup - notice the double backslashes
3. If you want to trust subfolders, use dword:00000001
If not, use dword:00000000
4. Add a user friendly description (optional) and modify the date if you wish.

When I'm deploying databases to clients I create registry scripts similar to the above but with additional entries for Office 12/15/16 (2007/2013/2016)

Attachments

• AccessTrustedLocations.zip
    707 bytes · Views: 151
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom