noob forum (1 Viewer)

JEA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:29
It might be an idea to have a noob forum where newbies like me don't feel like an idiot for asking simple questions.

It could have stickies for the most common questions.

The top sticky would have to be froum rules: search before you ask, what info should be in question etc...

A sticky for normaliSation. Most noobs (me included) feel it's just something for power users, but it's at the root of A LOT of noob questions. It's heavy reading for a noob, so explaining it in layman's term would be very useful.

As this is a UK forum, a sticky on the pitfalls of using UK format short dates in VBA would be usefull. As problems of this nature are hard to diagnose, it causes alot of problems with no clear answer.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I understand where you are coming from, but believe me, you will always be learning with MS Access, it is layer upon layer of learning when you have conquered one area or one level of expertise there is always another one waiting for you in the wings. In other words we are all "New" (beginners) at some level.

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:29
its true just the other day i thought 'hey im not all that bad in access now' 10 mins later my boss comes up to me with a new db he needs.. a complicated one! & bammmm 'I realise im rubbish again! Access put me in my place :(

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Even if we knew everything about Access, Microsoft would come along with a new version so we would have to start over.:mad::(

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Yesterday, 19:29
YIKES Access2007 and then along came Vista and IE7 - we must be more cleaverer than we thought!:eek:

if we master those, then i think they have something to say. both of em are nightmares!!!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
if we master those, then i think they have something to say. both of em are nightmares!!!

If there is such a change then they need a separate forum area so that antiques like me don't waste everybodies time with nonesensical answers.

Brian

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
If there is such a change then they need a separate forum area so that antiques like me don't waste everybodies time with nonesensical answers.

Brian
Don't be so hard on youself. You have the wisdom of the ages and the sense not to post unless you know the answer. If only some others would do the same:)

rainman89

Local time
Don't be so hard on youself. You have the wisdom of the ages and the sense not to post unless you know the answer. If only some others would do the same:)

I wish i would know when to do that!!:p:p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Even if we knew everything about Access, Microsoft would come along with a new version so we would have to start over.:mad::(

I hate to tell you this but the signs are that Microsoft are encouraging VBA developers to look at .net Link

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Well, why not list both? We'll put a link to the vaporware helpful tutorial written by someone from pommie-land and put a link to the actual contribution of the yanks instead. Leave it up to the reader to decide which is more helpful shall we? ;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Sorry yes your the Aussie who couldn't find his way home.

I must be more carefull
I must be more carefull
I must be more carefull
I must be more carefull

Brian :eek:

rainman89

Local time
Sorry yes your the Aussie who couldn't find his way home.

I must be more carefull
I must be more carefull
I must be more carefull
I must be more carefull

Brian :eek:

oh man...what a spelling nightmare!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom