Setting print area like in Excel (1 Viewer)

Jordan76

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:31
Do access reports, allow you to set a specific print area like in excel?

I print cheques all time in Excel, and they stop right after the print area (that i manually set). However in access, the report forces the printer to scroll, therefor disrupting the check below the one being printed on (tractor feed printer).

If I could have the report only print the detail area of the report that would work too, however it always advances to the end of the 'page' disrupting the check alignment.

Anyone else have to print small area of a report?

Is this possible using code or properties?

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:31
Use the printer page setup to set the size of the page to the size of the check, then when you print you print a check at a time. At the beginnng and end of a "run" your have to adjust the pages in the tractor.

Access can't print specific print areas like Excel. Access prints pages.

Jordan76

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:31
Hmm, this could cause a problem. Is there a way to set a custom page up maybe? When choosing the page size, it only lets me use the ones in the drop down.

Thanks In Advance
Jordan

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:31
You don't say what version of Access you're using. 2002 has considerable programmable printing features other versions don't have.

You also don't say what size check you are printng. What's the size of your checks in mm and inches? Are they cut sheet or fan fold (continuous)? What's that size if not the size of the check.

My experience is that I've never had a problem printing various kiinds of checks although sometimes One has to use a little ingenuity, e.g. would a number of checks eaqual to the size of a standard printed page? In that event print that many checks at a time. Yes, I understand that some checks are wasted, but aren't they always to some extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom