windows shortcuts and tricks of the trade (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 00:48
hey you guys,

would you care to humor a loose cannon on any workarounds or shortcut operations in windows that you've discovered? I've come up with quite a few for various reasons. Here's a good one I found with regard to using notepad as a formatting stripper:

=> On a recent project, a coworker constantly asked me to share my excel data with her through skype messenger. When I copied it from excel to the clipboard and pasted it into skype, the formatting tagged along and the result was an uncomprehendable block of data that looked terrible. So I copied it to the clipboard, pasted it into the neutrally-oriented notepad to strip the formatting then copied it to the skype window. I'm a big proponent of using the keypad and forgoing the mouse completely. and I also never use a touchpad because it's much slower than a usb mouse.

Reminds me of those times I wrote "alternative" code blocks to be executed at runtime just in case the application experienced unexpected errors. Maybe I could've just right clicked in the skype window and pressed "paste as values"?? I didn't even check to see if there was an option for that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom