Read StatusBar (1 Viewer)

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:46
Code:
Sub StatBarPrint(MyString)
    Dim strReturn As String
    strReturn = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, MyString)
End Sub

That let me print MyString in the ststus bar, but how can I do the opposite, read what is there?
Thanks.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:46
Allen Browne once said no, Access doesn't expose this. Probably nothing has changed since then. Why would you need that when you can just look at it? Does it have something to do with error handling?

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:46
LOL OK I'll look at it ! I was going to display an error condition there and take action depending... but can change that.
Probably explains why I could find no answer in Google.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:46
Adam, I was asking a serious question, which is why I followed it up with 'is this about error handling?' You're not really adding much with those comments.

kirkm; I thought you might be doing something like that. Since you would have to 'capture' the error number and/or description anyway in order to display it there, you don't need to get it from the status bar - you already have (or had) it. Depending on your preference, you could log it in a table or text file. I've used both and the advantage to the file is that you don't have to open the db to inspect for errors if that's all you need to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom