Running totals not picking up report Filter (1 Viewer)

Beacher

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:16
Hi all,

I'm having troubles with a report I've created. You make some selections on a form which then sets a reports filter property and opens the report, this works fine. One bigger problem I've had is that any of my running totals are still showing totals as if there was no filter.

I filter on 2 things one being a customer, two being a date. If I select a specific customer the totals will properly show total spent for that customer, but if i run the report with that customer but also select a date range, it will show only the data within that date range, but the running totals still show totals as if there is no date range (I'm using Sum(amount) in a textbox.

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:16
Sounds like a bug to me. Report it.

To get around the problem, don't use filters. Use the where argument of the OpenReport Method instead or change the report's RecordSource query to reference the selections on the form to use as criteria.

Beacher

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:16
Thanks

Thank you SO much! this has been a problem for weeks, putting the where clause in the open report command solved EVERYTHING (I didn't know you could do that :)) Seems setting the report source on open causes alot of problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom