Can this be dun? (1 Viewer)

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:56
Hi
I am new to Access and hopping someone can help me. I have a query called FreezerSAT1 that we put the date (TDate) we do a test and what equipment ID (TEquip) we used, in another query I have all the equipment ID (InstrumentID) the date (Startdate) the equipment was calibrated and the date(DueDate) when it run out and the correction factor(CT-10). I am trying to make a query that will find the correction factor for the test equipment on the date the test was run. I am not having any luck I am trying to do it with “IIF and” IIF([TEquip]=[InstrumentID] and [TDate]>= [Startdate] and [TDate]<[DueDate],[CT-10],””)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Probably, BUT you will have to provide more info. Readers only know what you tell us, and you haven't given much. What is the business --start at 30,000 feet and gradually add some details to show where Equip, Freezer etc fit into the bigger picture. People will help you but we need some context to understand your post.

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
I am very new to access, I think I just attach the Data base I am working on.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is nothing obvious wrong with the IIf(). To post the SQL string, open the query in design view and switch to SQL View. Then copy and paste the SQL so we can see it.

"I'm not having any luck" isn't a description that is helpful. Are you getting an error message? Does the query run? Does it produce incorrect results? Have you examined each column in the query to ensure that the record is actually what you think it is?

So to solve the problem, we need to see:
1. Data
2. SQL
3. What you get
4. What you want

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
It looks like I can attach the Data Base.
when I run the IIF I get #Error
I have Attach two snipping. Data Fluke and What i need. when we put in a test date in (What I need) I need it to go to Data Fluke find the startdate and enddate the tdate fall brtween and the TEquip maches and put the value from CF-10 in this case it should be -0.20

I just Coppy it
Expr1: IIf([TEquip]=[K Type Fluke Query]![InstrumentID] And [TDate]>=[K Type Fluke Query]![Startdate] And [TDate]<[K Type Fluke Query]![DueDate],[K Type Fluke Query]![CF-10],"")

I appreciate the help and I am sorry if I cannot answer your question I am very new at this and self-school

Attachments

• Data Fluke.PNG
    Data Fluke.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 113
  • what i need.PNG
    what i need.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 36

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:56
what you need is a subquery (or dlookup, or dmax).
this is the subquery:

Expr1: (select top 1 T1.[cf-10] from [K Type Fluke Query] As T1 Where (T1.[InstrumentID]=FreezerSAT1.TEquip) And (FreezerSAT1.TDate Between T1.StartDate And T1.DueDate-1))

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
I tried the Dlookup but gut #Error.

Expr1: DLookUp("cf-10","K Type Fluke Query",("InstrumentID=" & [TEquip]) And ([FreezerSAT1].[TDate] Between [StartDate] And [DueDate]-1))

arnelgp

Local time
Try adding [ ] to your fields:

Expr1: DLookUp("[cf-10]","[K Type Fluke Query]","(InstrumentID=[TEquip] ) And ([FreezerSAT1].[TDate] Between [StartDate] And [DueDate]-1)")

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
I copy what you sent and I am now getting: “The expression you entered as a query parameter produced this error: ’Microsoft Access cannot find the name ”TEquip” you entered in the Expression’

arnelgp

Local time
Expr1: DLookUp("[cf-10]","[K Type Fluke Query]","(InstrumentID=" & [TEquip] & " ) And (" & [FreezerSAT1].[TDate] & " Between [StartDate] And [DueDate]-1)")

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
If I change it a little the first cell is right but the rest have #Error
Expr1: Val(DLookUp("[cf-10]","[K Type Fluke Query]",("InstrumentID=" & [TEquip]) And ([FreezerSAT1].[TDate] Between [StartDate] And [DueDate]-1)))

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
The last one run without Error but the cell are empty

arnelgp

Local time
try formatting the tdate

Expr1: DLookUp("[cf-10]","[K Type Fluke Query]","(InstrumentID=" & [TEquip] & " ) And (#" & Format([FreezerSAT1].[TDate], "mm/dd/yyyy") & "# Between [StartDate] And [DueDate]-1)")

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
same s the last one, run without Error but the cell are empty

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The DLookup() takes three STRINGS. The column you want returned, the table or query name And a where clause. You did not build the where string correctly.

Expr1: Val(DLookUp("[cf-10]","[K Type Fluke Query]",("InstrumentID=" & [TEquip]) And ([FreezerSAT1].[TDate] Between [StartDate] And [DueDate]-1)))

Should be:

Expr1: DLookUp("[cf-10]","[K Type Fluke Query]", "InstrumentID=" & [TEquip] & " And [FreezerSAT1].[TDate] Between " & [StartDate] & " And " & [DueDate]-1)

PS, you still didn't post what I asked for and that means that I have no idea Where TEquip, StartDate, and DueDate are coming from. You keep showing snippets of code out of context. If those three variables come from a form, then you need to reference them as:

Forms!yourformname!yourcontrolname

arnelgp

Local time
Can you remove this if this will make a diff:

[FreezerSAT1].

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
same, run without Error but the cell are empty

arnelgp

Local time
i see that instrumentid is a string

Expr1: DLookUp("[cf-10]","[K Type Fluke Query]","(InstrumentID='" & [TEquip] & "' ) And (#" & Format([TDate], "mm/dd/yyyy") & "# Between [StartDate] And [DueDate]-1)")

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
The "TEquip", "StartDate" are in a Table that go in to a Query where it add 30days to the startDate to make the "DueDate" I am showing you all the code I am putting in, if there is something missing I do know what it is. I am just copying and past, what is there I am new at this.

Sm0ke

Registered User.
Local time
That gut me the #Error

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom