refer to every record on a datasheet (1 Viewer)

ahmed_optom

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:52
Hello,

So heres the problem.

we have a form and a subform. Subform is in datasheet view.

I want to be able to change a value on every record that appears in the datasheet filtered view.

Eg.

Im collecting all transactions for each individual.

So I list the transactions by user ID. This is fine so far.
I then total the transaction value, again so far so good.
Now when I create a pay option, I want to change the Status field on all of the transactions for that individual listed in the subform to "payed".

Any ideas?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
This is one of the reasons that I avoid using filters. I would "filter" my Subform in datasheet view with an SQL statement, not filters. Then it's a simple matter to alter the SQL statement so that it can do other things to the data.

Mind you you could probably gather the information for an SQL statement from the filter, not something I've done but I'm sure someone has already.

ahmed_optom

Registered User.
Local time
Ok I solved my own problem.

Its really weird, I have been looking at this issue for a few days, and its always just after I get really fed up and post it on here that I solve the problem.

So what I did is create a query, use update query, and then get the ID from the form, and then update all the relevant records. I call the query when I complete the payment.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I never considered using a query. If it's not too much work, could you post an example database demonstrating your method? Might be of use to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom