Ribbon (1 Viewer)

ryetee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:30
I'm using a ribbon and everything is working fine.
The user can open forms using the ribbon. Is there anyway I can mass over a parameter this way. Can't find anything on google to say I can. I want to be able to use me.openargs in the called program. Note the form to be opened is done so from the ribbon, I know how to pass a parameter from within VBA when opening a form.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
The user can open forms using the ribbon.
What is the code for this? Why can't you amend to code that does this to pass OpenArgs to the form?
Mark

ryetee

Registered User.
Local time
What is the code for this? Why can't you amend to code that does this to pass OpenArgs to the form?
Mark
It's some form of XML that is stored in SYSRIBBON a system table you can edit. I have code such as

<button id="ButtonClassification" size="large" label="Classifications"
onAction="=OpenAForm('Classifications')"/>
Classifications is the name of a form. I can't see how to pass openargs to it.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
suggest store your openargs in a tempvar or global variable and in the form open event reference the variables rather than openargs

ryetee

Registered User.
Local time
suggest store your openargs in a tempvar or global variable and in the form open event reference the variables rather than openargs

I can't. There are 4 options on the ribbon which call the same form. I want to pass a parameter which then governs which rows are displayed on the form

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
<button id="ButtonClassification" size="large" label="Classifications"
onAction="=OpenAForm('Classifications')"/>
This is the ribbon XML. The onAction element indicates that clicking this button on the ribbon calls a VBA function called OpenAForm(), which takes the form name as a parameter. What is the code for that Function? You can specify OpenArgs in that function.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom