percentages (1 Viewer)

hazell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:09
Hi,
I have built a query that lists all the members in a group aged 15 to 18. Now I need to build another query that counts a subsection of that group (the number who gained employment in the quarter) and express this as a percentage of the whole of the 15 - 18 group.

I presume I can use the original query to get the number of 15 - 18 year olds. I can write the query to calculate the subset of 15 - 18 year olds who gained employment, but how do I get the total numbers of the groups and express them as a percentage?

thanks for any help. You guys have saved my bacon more than once
Hazell

CazB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:09
You'll need to use groups and totals... but without a sample of your data it's hard to know exactly what the query would look like... can you post up a sample?

This is an example of a 'similar' query I have in one of my databases... it's based on a single table - the table contains a list of Training course Attendees, including the name of the branch they work for, and a simple Yes/No field (Leftcompany) to show who still works there....

The following query gives me a summary of how many staff on the database work for RMS, how many are 'past' (ie, have left), and then what percentage of the total number that is

SELECT Count(Attendees.[Branch]) AS RMS, Sum(-([leftcompany])) AS Past, Sum(-([leftcompany]))/Count([Branch]) AS [Percent]
FROM Attendees
WHERE (((Attendees.Branch)="rms"));

In the datasheet view, this shows RMS as 88, Past as 25, and Percent as 28.41%

Does that help you at all?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom