Help Creating Search Form (1 Viewer)

accessingaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:06
Hello!

I am pretty new to Access, have been working in it in a limited fashion for a few months, and while I have the basics down, I am having trouble figuring out how to do somethings that I assumed would be easy, but are proving to be quite difficult.

Currently, I am trying to create a way to search for a customer that is not the "Find" option. My database will have a lot of customer files, and we need an easy way to search for them where they will appear in the form view, not a table. Is this possible? I've follow some tutorials but it seems everything I've found is to create a search box that pulls up the customer information in a table, but I need to pull them up in the form view.

The reason I don't like using "Find" is because is doesn't automatically search the whole form, it often starts the search in the customer ID, when we will only be searching by first or last name, and not by the ID. Alternatively, is there a way to make it so "Find" defaults to searching the whole form instead of a particular field on the form?

Thanks for any advice or insights!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:06
Lots of demo to look through here as well. Cheers!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:06
Hi
There are many search forms available both on this forum and beyond.
Suggest you start by looking at http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
You could also look at the five similar threads listed at the bottom of this page

EDIT I see I was beaten to that by Gasman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom