Outputting Reports Slows System to Crawl (1 Viewer)

froggiebeckie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:24
Hi there.
I have an inventory db that was built using A2007 but now I'm using A2013.
I've built a macro to output a report to a shared drive and it used to work fine.
Suddenly, it starts fine and outputs the report, but then it starts calculating something, goes dormant for 2 to 3 minutes, and then opens the report.

I've attached a pic of the macro.

Any idea why it's acting weird?

BeckieO

Attachments

• output macro.jpg
    output macro.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 108

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:24
Probably the .PDF export is your culprit. If the report is very long, the formatting process will be very long. I've got no clue as to why it is longer to run for 2013 than for 2007.

You CAN put a couple of extra statements such as (perhaps) the Message Box action, one between each step of your current steps, so that you know for a fact which step will come next. OK, it's a pain in the rump to debug this way, but you don't have to leave the statements in place for production, just do this to a test copy.

froggiebeckie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:24
Thanks.
I did the Message thing and you're right--the actual formatting is the bug-a-bear.
Also found out that we're having some server issues, so that's probably adding to the problem and slowing things down.

Guess as long as they want the report available, I'll just have to learn a little patience.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom