Apply multiple filters to report in VBA code (1 Viewer)

Enginerd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:03
Hi,

I created a report based on a query for my database. The report creates a sign-in sheet for like a class, training, etc.. The data shown on the report is filtered by VBA code based on the selected option box on the report run form. The issue that I am running into is that for one of the option boxes I have several pieces of data that I need to be able to filter the report for. Another way of putting this is the following: In the query that the report is based off of, I have a field that says if a member is an FF, EMT, FF/EMT, Social, Prob/FF, Prob/EMT, Prob/FFEMT, or Prob/Social. What the option boxes will do is tell the report which data to display based on filtering the data by the member's certification specifically. The code that I have works for FF, EMT, FF/EMT, Social and all members (no filters applied) however when the Probationary option box is checked, I need to have the report filter to show all Prob/FF, Prob/EMT, Prob/FFEMT and Prob/Social members and not just one or the other. The code as I currently have it written is the following:
Code:
Private Sub cmdPersonnel_Click()
'runs report to show only FF, EMT, FF/EMT, Social, Probationary or all Members
Select Case Me.fraPersonnelType
    Case 1 'FF
        DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPersonnelType", acViewReport, , "MemberCert = 'FF'"
    Case 2 'EMT
        DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPersonnelType", acViewReport, , "MemberCert = 'EMT'"
    Case 3 'FF/EMT
       DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPersonnelType", acViewReport, , "MemberCert = 'FF/EMT'"
    Case 4 'Social
        DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPersonnelType", acViewReport, , "MemberCert = 'Social'"
    Case 5 'Probationary Members
        DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPersonnelType", acViewReport, , "MemberCert = 'Prob/FF'" Or "MemberCert = 'Prob/EMT'" Or "MemberCert = 'Prob/FFEMT'" Or "MemberCert = 'Prob/Social'"
    Case 6 'All members
        DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPersonnelType", acViewReport, , , , "MemberCert"
    End Select

End Sub
When I try to run the report to get a list of all probationary members, I get the following error "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch". Any insight that someone can give me to help me move in the right direction as to how I can potentially filter the data is appreciated. One thing I considered is that I might need to create another query that says if the member cert column is filled with Prob/FF, Prob/EMT, Prob/FFEMT or Prob/Social then display Probationary and then filter off of this but I'd prefer not to if I can just modiy the code slightly.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:03
Delete the double quotes surrounding each OR.

Enginerd

Registered User.
Local time
Delete the double quotes surrounding each OR.

Hi pbaldy, thanks for your response. I did try this already and I received a similar if not the same response as explained above. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're telling me to do.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hard to help without seeing what you tried. ;)

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPersonnelType", acViewReport, , "MemberCert = 'Prob/FF'" Or "MemberCert = 'Prob/EMT'" Or "MemberCert = 'Prob/FFEMT'" Or "MemberCert = 'Prob/Social'"

Enginerd

Registered User.
Local time
Hard to help without seeing what you tried. ;)

pbaldy, What I am saying is that I tried removing the double quotes that you show in red. When I did this, I receive the same message as when they were in the code.

****Correction this now works and I am all set. Thank you for your help. I don't know what mistake I was making before.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Glad you got it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom