My Introduction! (1 Viewer)

A Sleeve of Oreos

Local time
Today, 01:57
Hi Everyone!

I'm a recent university graduate, working at a small manufacturing/prototyping company just outside of Chicago. I've somehow become the sole access guy at work, despite having only a few weeks of total experience with it. Lo and behold, I'm a complete newbie in SQL and VBA, but I do know several other coding languages from my unrelated engineering degree. Much of my progress at work has been helped along by the great questions and answers people have put on this board. So as I introduce myself, I also want to say thanks for all the indirect help you all have given me so far. I'll be able to answer basic questions, but for the most part, I'm here to seek help in developing the database system for the company I work for.

Thanks Everyone!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:57
Hi Sleeve of Oreos, and believe it or not my speech processing software wrote your name down lovely! It always amazes me when it spells words I haven't got a clue how to spell myself! I realise those words were right there in front of me but anyway that's another story.... (my speech processing software can't see them)

Anyway getting to the point welcome to awf and I note from your message "I'll be able to answer basic questions" any help you can provide would be most welcome.

I don't know how much experience you have had with helping people online through a forum however it's not particularly easy when you are starting out. It's sort of just get in there and do it so that's me giving you a little bit of encouragement! I can tell you this you won't regret it if you do have a go at it you will be surprised how much you learn about yourself, so much as what you learn about MS Access.

EDIT:- (I know it don't read right)

Cheers Tony...

Last edited:

A Sleeve of Oreos

Local time
Today, 01:57
Thanks for the words of encouragement and kind welcome Uncle Gizmo! I'll do my best to help out where I can.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom