Record Locking (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 13:13
I have an Offsite Development Project that is working fine offsite
1. Can add records with queries.
2. Can Edit Data directly in form and in a linked table image in Access DB Front End
3. Can Delete record in Front End.

The Customer IT folks set up the Onsite Server. I do not have direct access to that. I use Remote Desktop to a PC that I have local admin rights.

The database they are using was copied directly to the Remote Desktop computers local C: drive. A beta test User onsite has a copy on his local drive.
We are both experiencing the same problem.

1. We can create a record.
2. We cannot edit or delete once the record is created. Either directly in the table link or in a Form.

When trying to edit the record we get an error that states:

This record is being modified by another user. Do we want to save changes, save to clip board or disregard.? The Save changes option is grayed out.

We do not have SMSS installed on either machine so cannot test using that method.
All machines are Using this driver: Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server Version 17.03.0001

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
More Information.
The Offsite development system is committing the record. The Client onsite must not be. They are missing the time stamp.

When I look at the linked table in Access the Next Record already has a Time Stamp. If I manually add that record the record is committed.

Not so with the Onsite record. Manually added records do not have a time stamp.

Last edited:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:13
Do you have any bit columns? They become Boolean (Y/N) fields in Access.
If so, it is essential the are configured on the server to not allow nulls and they must have a default value.

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Do you have any bit columns? They become Boolean (Y/N) fields in Access.
If so, it is essential the are configured on the server to not allow nulls and they must have a default value.

It's the Time Stamp Field.

I used SSMA to migrate the table to SQL Server. So mine includes this field.

SSMA_TimeStamp Binary This is an automatically updated SQL Server Field

The Client's Server is missing this.
I will update this as i get info or a solution.

Any Suggestions?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Galaxiom,

I checked as you suggested. All the Yes/No Fields were in order. All defaults set to False, or True if needed. Mostly I prefer False but sometimes True does serve.

The problem turned out to be the missing SSMA_TimeStamp. However they migrated the data from the backend left the Time Stamp filed out.

So this afternonn I convinced them to let me set it up and now it works. I use the SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) it worked like a charm.

Thank you for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom