Buttons To Record # of Contacts (1 Viewer)

hazell

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:49
Hi All,
I am trying to set up a simple form for our receptionist to record where she signposts callers to, and wanted her to be able to just click a button on a form that says Dept A or Dept B etc. I don't need to record any details except the date, which is updated automatically and a counter for each department.
Any ideas on the best way to do this?
Thanks

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:49
You should be able to do this with a single table and two update queries and a Form.

Have fields in the table:- ID, Department, fCount...
ID would be an auto increment field,
Department Text
fCount I reckon an integer would do

Place in the first department field an "A" to represent department "A" and in the next field "B" to represent department "B" ... Have the default value for the count field to be 0..

Now open the query builder grid and select your table "tblDeptCount" create a select query which returns the row containing "A" Now change the select query to an update query and under the fCount field is an area for calculations. I think it's called "Update To" ... You need something like:- fCount = fCount + 1

Now create a form:- frmCountDept
On the form create a command button have the "wizard" selected and you should have the option to select a query. Select the query for updating "A"
Create another button just the same to run the query for updating "B"

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
It's not clear how you want to record the date, whether you want to record the date for each button press or whether you want to record the date for the totals for each day. I assume the second. However thinking about it, you would be better off recordings a date for each key press and then summing the results. If that's the case then you would need a different set up!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Seeing as you have not yet replied. I Went ahead and did a sample based on guessing what you want.

Attachments

• Buttons To Record # of Contacts_1a.zip
    323 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom