Data Access Page - query with null parameter value (1 Viewer)

Rebeccah

Local time
Today, 15:24
I have a Data Access Page that starts off with a query based on a stored procedure. The stored procedure accepts a search string (varchar(100)) as a parameter and returns table rows for which any of a number of columns match the search string.

When the user views the page, they are prompted for the search string value. If they enter nothing, Access puts up an error message indicating that a value is required.

I have modified the stored procedure so that the parameter has a default value - that is supposed to make supplying a value optional - but still, Access complains if I do not supply a value.

Is there any way to get around this?

BTW, I'm not really an Access programmer. I have very little experience with Access, though plenty of experience with Oracle and SQL Server. I have a limited knowledge of scripting in web pages (I mostly do Java programming on the server side), but it's very limited, and so far, I've just been using the built-in widgets in the Data Access Page design view.

I have a bunch of questions about Data Access Pages and their limitations, but it's really hard to google search for answers to them, as most of what is out there seems to be related to Access forms and reports, rather than the Data Access Pages, and the available design widgets are different.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rebeccah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom