Dynamically Search Fields - revisited (1 Viewer)

Rogstepper

Local time
Today, 05:39
I have been trying to take the code from this post by John Big Booty (.../forums/showthread.php?t=188663) and transpose it using the Macro Tools and the provided Action Catalog in Access 2010 for use in a Web Database. I have yet to get this converted and keep getting parsing errors. Would it be possible for someone more advanced than my meager skills to make this translation and then post the Macro Builder script here?

I am going to be looking for EmployeeName in a table called EX_Employees. The table has around 1,800 records in it, so a Combo box will not work in my web database.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
A combo box is suitable for that exact purpose.

Rogstepper

Local time
Yes, a combo box would work in most cases if this were a client based form. However in a Web Database Combo Boxes are restricted to 500 records displayed, regardless of the actual size of the recordset. So I was trying to find another way to select my data.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Change the combo bo row source to the 500 records having the first letter typed in the combo box, or the first 2 letters type, or 3, or 4, etc.

Rogstepper

Local time
NO luck. the rules for Combo oxes in Web Databases are different than in Client Databases. Regardless of settings, the system only loads the first 500 records.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Did you try what I suggested? You can select 500 or less records, even 1.

Rogstepper

Local time
I guess I am not sure how to do that. I am tied to the macro builder since i cant useVBA in a web database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom