Looking for developers to help in free and opensource project (1 Viewer)

consc198

Local time
Today, 07:22
Hello,

I am not sure if this is allowed or not – if this post is against any Rules i apologize in advance and this post can be removed.

I am in the process of creating a open-source project to track the Psychological Mood of a person, this application will be used by people visiting psychologists.

Target Audience
People that are currently in therapy or want to keep track of mood changes. The program is based on CBT.
Aim
To provide to the end-user the tools for him to be able to monitor his mood.
To provide to the therapist additional information for the client through the automatic generation of graphs.

We are looking for some volunteers to help with Coding of the Project. The coding has been done in Visual Basic 2010 and currently using MS Access 2007 as the Database.
We're aiming to develop the a feature-rich Psychological Mood Tracker to help the end-users as much as we can.

The Project is hosted on CodePlex; moodtracker.codeplex.com

If anyone is interested please feel post here.

consc198

Local time
it always is.

so what are the details? you don't seem too interested in providing information that's needed to join the team.

I am not able to understand what information you would want. Could you explain in more detail?

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
Today, 09:22
I am not able to understand what information you would want. Could you explain in more detail?

Why would someone want to join a project like this when it's been posted on a million different forums across multiple interest areas?

Joining this is just like joining Anonymous. There isn't any value in it. Not unless you consider group think as valuable.

consc198

Local time
Why would someone want to join a project like this when it's been posted on a million different forums across multiple interest areas?

Joining this is just like joining Anonymous. There isn't any value in it. Not unless you consider group think as valuable.

Each developer has his own ideas, he is unique as such the more developers a project gets the better the project will be.

bparkinson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:22
Since you are tracking mood, I'm guessing that the patients are in talk therapy to treat various forms of depression. I know that therapists generally just want two data points - date, and mood. Mood being measured from 0 to 10. 0 being suicidal or already killed self, 10 being best mood. Patients suffering from manic depression have a more complicated set of measurements, but not by that much.

It doesn't really call for a database app on an individual patient basis, especially if the goal is just to track improvement or decline in mood over time. If the goal is to aggregate information over time for different patients with a mix of disorders and a mix of treatments (say ordinary dysphoria treated with anti-depressants and talk therapy, vs talk therapy alone, or major depression treated in the same two ways, or no talk therapy, just the drugs) it makes sense to use a database.

But that study has been done, which is how we know that a combination of talk therapy and certain anti-depressant meds are the most effective treatment for depression and dysphoria.

I know this because I treated my major depression with talk therapy with good success, so this is an issue of interest to me. We tracked my mood on a piece of folded up paper I kept in my pocket.

Oh, and the only other possible data point would be what triggered a bad day, but that comes out in the talking.

consc198

Local time
Since you are tracking mood, I'm guessing that the patients are in talk therapy to treat various forms of depression. I know that therapists generally just want two data points - date, and mood. Mood being measured from 0 to 10. 0 being suicidal or already killed self, 10 being best mood. Patients suffering from manic depression have a more complicated set of measurements, but not by that much.

It doesn't really call for a database app on an individual patient basis, especially if the goal is just to track improvement or decline in mood over time. If the goal is to aggregate information over time for different patients with a mix of disorders and a mix of treatments (say ordinary dysphoria treated with anti-depressants and talk therapy, vs talk therapy alone, or major depression treated in the same two ways, or no talk therapy, just the drugs) it makes sense to use a database.

But that study has been done, which is how we know that a combination of talk therapy and certain anti-depressant meds are the most effective treatment for depression and dysphoria.

I know this because I treated my major depression with talk therapy with good success, so this is an issue of interest to me. We tracked my mood on a piece of folded up paper I kept in my pocket.

Oh, and the only other possible data point would be what triggered a bad day, but that comes out in the talking.

Thank you for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom