I'm new - forgive me! (1 Viewer)

RhiannonM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:01
Hi All

Forgive me for asking things that may be blatantly obvious...but this is the first forum I've ever been a member of...so I don't know the "unwritten rules".

Is it bad form to ask a question that probably has been asked before? When I search for a keyword it's so many results that may or may not be related that I end up getting overwhelmed and achieving nothing. :confused:

Cheers
RhiannonM

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:01
welcome to the forum
Is it bad form to ask a question that probably has been asked before?
some forums are precious about it, but not this one. However you will get more focused responses if you can demonstrate you have done some research and point to one or two solutions you found which don't quite do what you want - and explain why they don't. Often, by posting your question in the thread title you will see links to similar threads at the bottom of your new thread.

Also - using the right search terms using google/bing requires a bit of skill - try preceding your search with something like 'access vba', 'access control', 'access function' as appropriate

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:01
We realize that for people new to Access and in particular, new to the development arena, the "jargon" takes a while to sink in. Which is why sometimes we merely say "go search the topic of JUNCTION tables" or something like that. We want to help you focus your search. I'll do that a lot, particularly if I recall that we have recent posts on the subject. Just pay attention to the particular jargon - or as we would say in Cajun country, the patois that we use when talking about our favorite love/hate relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom