Query to take input from a form and put it in a new row in an existing table (1 Viewer)

Ostio1

Local time
Today, 07:02
Hello,

Recently I have started a project on access. Note that I am very familiar with Excel vba but very new to Access in general.

So I have created a form on access with around 20 things the user has to input, and given specific names to all of them(ex. txtDate, txtName, optShift) thinking I could insert a button with a code that would transfer the info in a separate table in a new row, hidden from public eye. My Excel mind thought it would be something like (not in code form cause it's not real code) :
Tables("dbResults").Cells( n + 1 ,1).value = Forms("ufABC").txtDate.Value
Of course, the "n + 1" doesn't mean anything, I'm just pointing that it has to go into a new row.

The problem is that Access works with queries, and I don't understand how to use them to make what I want. I want a submit button at the bottom of the form that sends the data to a table and clears all the fields in the form. I know I am not very clear, so feel free to ask me some questions.

Note that I don't want the user to be able to navigate entries freely.

Can someone help me with that?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:02
The simplest way is for you to start again with a new table which contains the fields that you require. You can now select this table and press the "FORM" button and it will create a new form for you with all of the fields available. To prevent the user viewing any of the underlying data you would set the forms property "data entry" to true, not sure if I've got quite the right property from memory but it's something like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom