Tab out of a subform (1 Viewer)

fionahl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:29
I've searched the forums - apologies if this has already been answered. :eek:

I have a main form (patients) with a subform (employment details). On the subform, I have various controls for employment details. One of these is for Job title. This is currently another subform (disguised as a combo box), which will search for job titles drawing from another form. It has code (on Not In List) so that if a job title isn't listed, the user can add it to a form without leaving the main form.

I have the sub-subform (combo box) embedded nicely in the subform so it looks like a regular combo box. I have set up the tab order so that I can work through the Employment subform (date started, finished, job description etc). I can tab into the subform, but am not able to tab out of it, as it is a subform, and keeps adding new records when I hit tab.

Each employment record only needs one job title (drawn from the combo box), but I can add multiple jobs for each patient with the employment subform if necessary.

Am I able to set it up so that I can tab out of the combo box (sub-subform) so that it won't keep trying to go to another record? I have tried adding code GoToControl, On Enter, On Update etc, but my programming knowledge is very poor so nothing worked!

Any suggestions??? :confused:

PS thanks in advance for any help offered!!! :cool:

fionahl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:29
Thanks for the link John.

I've tried a few combinations of code in the On Lost Focus field as suggested by Luddite Lad , however haven't had much success.

A few trials that didn't work:

Private Sub OccListID_LostFocus()
If Me.OccListID = Null Then
JobDescription.SetFocus
End If
End Sub

DoCmd.GoToControl JobDescription
End If
End Sub

DoCmd.GoToControl Forms!Employment!JobDescription
End If
End Sub

I really don't have much programming experience, so I'm very much in the dark!

Many thanks!

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 04:29
See my response in the other thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom