flicker,flashes form on mouse move event (1 Viewer)

saqassemi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:43
Hi, this is a form that change the color of fonts when mouse move on labels. But there is a problem with flash or flicker when moving the mouse on form. I used the echo off/on but no result for this problem. The sample form attached
Please help

Attachments

• formFlickers.accdb
    460 KB · Views: 223

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:43
You didn't tell us what form has the problem. I opened them all and didn't see any flicker.
Your computer may be too slow for this to work smoothly.

I did notice that your Orientation table is not properly designed. It should be two tables. One with the Orientation header information and the child table with one row for each question answer. The question list should be a separate table. You also have some other repeating groups where you have attributes that have suffixes indicating that you have more than one of something. When you are designing tables, if you have more than one of something, you have many and many requires a separate table with one row for each instance. So if you have three Competent_Person values ahd 5 "Hr" values and whatever GC and NM are - should be two rows in a separate table., you need a separate table that will have 0-3 rows depending on how many instances of Competent_Person you need to store. Do some reading on database normalization.

Several of your relationships are not clear. It is best practice to use the same name for both the PK and FK although some people like to suffix the PK with "_PK" and the foreign keys with "_FK" to distinguish the column names.

You have several column names that end in one or more underscores. What is that all about?

saqassemi

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Mr.Hartman. I don't understand what you are talking about. The file that I attached had no table, also the flicker is a common problem and has no relation to PC performance. Thanks for your attention.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:43
As I said, the flicker does not occur on my computer.

I don't understand what you are talking about.
The database you attached does have tables and they have design flaws that should be fixed.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:43
Did ot bother to chk your table. I go and try to resolve the flicket. I think i minimized it. Some cool stuff also

Attachments

• formFlickers.zip
    182.5 KB · Views: 224

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 15:43
The database I downloaded doesn't have tables.
Another solution is attached here:

Attachments

• formFlickers.accdb
    640 KB · Views: 229

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:43
Pat
You were looking at someone else's database.

Saqassemi
The flicker issue is common with mouse move events
I got rid of the flicker in a similar way to JHB but also separated the items by removing the frame layout. This gave the detail mouse move event a chance to trigger.

Another way of doing this is to have borderless transparent boxes around each image/label combination and move the mouse move events to those. Doing so gives you a larger area to trigger the colour changes.

No point posting mine as JHB's solution works fine

EDIT
Arnel
Just opened your version. The module code seems to have got corrupted in the upload. You might want to upload a fresh copy

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:43
Sorry mr.moderator when i compact it it goes berserk.
Here is a good one.

Attachments

• formFlickers.zip
    184.7 KB · Views: 290

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:43
That is indeed a good one.
Both yours and JHB's work well.

saqassemi

Registered User.
Local time
arnelgp
You are the best. You solve my problems every time and give me extra idea and information. Thanks.

onur_can

Local time
Simply perfect! great example thanks arnelgp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom