Go Back   Access World Forums > Non-Access Issues > Debates

Old 12-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #16
NauticalGent
Pristine Curmudgeon
Gold Supporter

NauticalGent will become famous soon enough
Re: Gay marriage in Australia: Yes or No?

Wow......!

Old 12-04-2017, 04:06 PM   #17
Mark_
Longboard on the internet

Mark_ is on a distinguished road

For myself, I could never see using gender, gender preference, religion, or ethnicity as a reason to discriminate. Each and every time you allow another's beliefs, preferences, or heredity to shape your opinion you are giving up your own free choice and your own happiness to others, often stranger.

It must be a horrible way to live, letting others dictate your mood simply by their actions unconnected with you.

I can see objecting to something that actively interferes with you, but what another does that is not related to you, that has no consequence to you, should not be allowed to shape your emotional health. It is one of the quickest ways to be constantly depressed and angry that I know of.

This advise also applies to programming as we all run into situations that do not bear on us but that we recognize as being poor decisions. We also must accept the poor decisions that have lead us to problems we must either fix or work around. Remembering that only we can choose our own happiness and choose that which we allow to bother us will allow us to go through and face the many issues we cannot change.

I've also learned to attribute not to malice that which may be attributed to either stupidity or ignorance.
Mark_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark_ For This Useful Post:
AccessBlaster (12-04-2017), Galaxiom (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 03:55 AM   #18
Galaxiom
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,312 Times in 1,237 Posts
Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold

The Australian Marriage Equality Bill passed the Lower House just before 6PM local time today making Australia the 26th country to legalise same sex marriage. It was the last sitting day of Parliament for the year.

Only four MPs voted against the bill. Vocal opponent and former Prime Minister Tony Abbott left the chamber shortly before the vote. His electorate had one of the highest yes votes in the plebiscite but he couldn't bring himself to represent them.

Weddings can be held from January 9th.

Galaxiom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: