Something is causing problems with subforms. Also, filtering... (1 Viewer)

pheidlauf

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:33
I'm working on the user-input end of a database used to track training proficiencies and how up to date they are. In the form I'm working on at the moment (of which I attached a picture), the user selects a department from the combo box (which filters the first subform of employees), then selects an employee from that subform. In the second subform, I want the user to be able to both review and edit each different "Competency" as well as create and delete them. I've looked over my form, and I cannot find why I'm unable to create new records in the subform, I can edit them, but I can't create them... Any help figuring that out would be great.

An additional challenge I would love help with is the data entry in the second subform (the competency one). Is it possible to change the CompetencyName text box to a combo box from which the user could select from the table of competencies I've already created (which would be filtered by the department selection)?

I'm very new to MS Access, but am trying to tackle a ground up database build to upgrade from a manual MS Excel system during my soon-ending internship.

Thanks in advance. Just let me know what information you might need.

Attachments

• Error_1.PNG
    Error_1.PNG
    61.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

rzw0wr

I will always be a newbie
Local time
Today, 18:33
In the second subform, I want the user to be able to both review and edit each different "Competency" as well as create and delete them.

As a rule of thumb I will have 2 forms for this. 1 to add and 1 to edit/review.

It sounds like your form has an underlying query and that query is nor updateable.
Sometimes you can get 2 tables in a query to update, anymore and I don't see how it is possible.

Dale

Note: 1 post 1 problem or question. You will get better results.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:33
Form Property Sheet -> Data -> Allow Additions = Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom