≤ Sign (1 Viewer)

kitty77

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:00
How can I get the ≤ symbol in the following? When I copy and paste it, it pastes as the = sign...

[aaa] = "15.5 - 16.5" & vbCrLf & "70 - 80" & vbCrLf & "≤1000"

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
VBA and Access SQL doesn't recognize 'less than or equal to' sign. You must use

<= or >= in that order.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Code:
= "15.5 - 16.5" & vbCrLf & "70 - 80" & vbCrLf & ChrW(&H2264) & "1000"

Attachments

• lessequal.jpg
    lessequal.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 118

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:00
Kitty, just to clarify in English, the "less or equal" sign isn't a character in the USASCII character set on which most text-oriented fonts are based. You need a symbol-oriented font to support it. So if you must print one out, you will have the issue of having to somehow substitute in an "extended" character from an enhanced font.

Which leads to the question: MajP - when you did that, which font was loaded? Kitty77 would need to know that because not all font sets support that particular symbol. Many fonts stop at 255 characters and only use multi-national variants like umlauts over A, O, and U, or the special "c" that is in the center of "facade."

Kitty77, if you want to find a font that will support that character, use the character map utility that is one of the system accessories. You load up the font name you want and then can scroll to see what characters are present. You could then determine the hexadecimal value (&hnnnn) you needed for that ChrW function that MajP used; or you would find that your favorite font doesn't support that symbol, one or the other.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
All the common fonts should work Arial, calibri, times new roman, tahoma. That one is arial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom