Combo Box on form is only showing form field values not linked table values (1 Viewer)

T

thepitcrew

I am having a problem with a combo box on a form. I should be able to key in a number and have it populate if it is in the table. Instead I get an error saying" text entered is not a value in list." It only shows record values previously entered in the form for that field, instead of the values on the table it is linked to.

The limit to list is set to yes. I have gone back to the main table and relinked the field to the source table in lookup wizard. This has not helped. The relationships on the form are also duplicating upon closure. It shows TableName, TableName1, TableName2, etc. It shows the correct link from the main table to the other table based on the key, but I am wondering if this has something to do with the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Mansfield

Local time
Today, 20:05
Set your limit to list property to No.
The relationships have duplicated becouse you have re-linked your tables. You need to delete these extra links (eg:TableName1, Tablename2) and just keep your original linked tables. If the link was not done correctly the first time round then re-link them, delete the original tables, and change the new linked table names to the original table names so your code reads the re-linked tables. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom