Run MS Sproc with 4 parameters (1 Viewer)

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:52
Just to check: you did replace the server address with the correct details from hovering over a linked table?

Tupacmoche

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:52
.Execute dbFailOnError is the line that caused the error and
I did update the connection string.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:52
You are Executing on CreateQueryDef instead of the QueryDef itself.

You would need give it a Name property so it saves so you can then Execute it.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
You are Executing on CreateQueryDef instead of the QueryDef itself.

You would need give it a Name property so it saves so you can then Execute it.
Not strictly true. CreateQueryDef returns a QueryDef object on which you can .Execute. If you don't give it a name (ie name it with an empty string) it exists only for the life of the object and isn't appended to the QueryDefs collection.

The problem with the code I posted in post #18 is that I forgot to pass the (empty) query name, assuming that the optional parameter would default to an empty string. (It's a long time since I played with any of this code! :eek: )

So, Tupacmoche, try adjusting to:
Code:
Private Sub btnCS_Click()
  Dim strSQL As String
  Dim strCn As String
  strCn = "ODBC;Description=XYZ;DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER= XYZ;Trusted_Connection=Yes;APP=2007 Microsoft Office system;"
  strSQL = "usp_EgatePledgeSchedule " & Me.txt_strHM & ", " & Me.txt_strHMP & ", '" & _
              Format(Me.txt_strSD, "yyyy-mm-dd") & "', '" & Me.txt_strFreq & "', " & Me.txt_strGID & ";"   ' <-- Note I removed quotes around GID - it's declared as INT in the SP
  With CurrentDb.CreateQueryDef(vbNullString)    ' <-- pass empty string as query name
    .Connect = strCn
    .SQL = strSQL
    .ReturnsRecords = False
    .Execute dbFailOnError
  End With
End Sub

If you can get this to work, then we can look at creating something a bit more reusable.

hth,

d

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Super everything is now working!:D

That's great!

If you plan to have more SP's which you wish to run then it might be an idea to create a stored Pass-Through query. It can already contain the connection string, and you can create a function to change its SQL and execute it, passing the SQL/SP command as a parameter.

;)

d

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom