Hello from a new Access user! (1 Viewer)

Cassidy

Local time
Today, 05:06
Hello everyone!

I am working on building a database for an environmental remediation company to assist them in cost estimation and bidding. I have a great understanding of Excel, and I have experience with Access but I haven't used it in years so I am trying to re-learn the program so I can build this database! I am a big Philadelphia sports fan, and I'm very happy to see the Eagles at 3-0 right now!! I'll be posting on here anytime I run into a wall with my creation(which will probably be more often than I'd like!)

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:06
First things first before you begin (re)using access, forget all you know about excel!

Cassidy

Local time
Today, 05:06
Yes I felt stupid writing that I was experienced with Excel, I know the two look similar but are entirely different programs. It has been fun messing around with Access so far, I already took some online tutorial classes that is helping me remember how to do some basic tasks. Any suggestions on the best way to become an intermediate to advanced access user? I was looking into getting a few tutorial books but I'm not sure how much help they will be.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:06
Best way to advanced is to use Access more more and more....

For this that, nearly everything.

Anything you can do in excel, you can do better in a database :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom