Create combobox based table column without messing the table settings up? (1 Viewer)

behedwin

Local time
Yesterday, 20:38
I have a table called Profile_Table
I have a table called IT_Table

Then i have Query called HandOut_Query

In this query i have the column FIRSTNAME from Profile_Table and column ITUNIT from IT_Table.

Then i created a form called
HandOut_Form

In this form i want a combobox so i can select from all the FIRSTNAME that are stored in the Profile_Table and another Combobox so i can select from all the ITUNIT from the IT_Table

How do i setup the combobox to display all values from a column?
I dont want to change the table settings since i use these columns for other things... should i create a new value in each table and base that on the column data i want?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 22:38
In this form i want a combobox so i can select from all the FIRSTNAME that are stored in the Profile_Table and another Combobox so i can select from all the ITUNIT from the IT_Table...How do i setup the combobox to display all values from a column?

On your form, add an input, right click on it and change it to a combo box. Go into its properties, click on the data tab, change the Row Source Type to Table/Query, click on the elipses in the Row Source and build a query based on the table you want to feed this, in that query bring down the field you want to use and that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom