Check box on a report (1 Viewer)

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
Is there any way of updating a checkbox on a report? Or rather making it appear that it has been updated?

I made a report that has rows of data each with a check box at the end. All checkboxes appear false. Clever me figured out that if added some code I could click on the checkbox to update data for the record on a particular row. But of course, you cannot change the checkbox on the form to show that it is true. I tried to put a box over the checkbox; coding the box to change color if the record was updated by the code. Of course all records now showed that they were updated, not the one I just updated.

It has to be a report and not a form because I do not want the user to update anything else. And I want the user to have the ability to print the report.

Any suggestions other than making this a form with the other fields locked?

GohDiamond

"Access- Imagineer that!"
Local time
Yesterday, 21:20
Reports are just that, reports, an end product that supports statistics or hypotheses based on data previously entered. It is not a user interface with the Data, it Displays DATA in an organized way.EOR

Forms, on the other hand, are for interfacing with your data. :)

Cheers!
Goh

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
Yes, you are absolutely right. Just thought I would ask. Maybe someone has come up with a "fix" that might work. You never know.
Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom